Quote o' the day: Dennis Ritchie
Posted on October 14, 2011 by Tommy McGuireFrom net.unix-wizards:
I am not now, nor have I ever been, a member of the demigodic party.
From Odd Comments and Strange Doings in Unix:
"values of β will give rise to dom!"
* If the new process paused because it was
* swapped out, set the stack level to the last call
* to savu(u_ssav). This means that the return
* which is executed immediately after the call to aretu
* actually returns from the last routine which did
* the savu.
* You are not expected to understand this.
"A substory: at some point several were sitting around working away. Bob Morris asked, almost conversationally, 'what are the arguments to ld?' Someone told him. We continued typing for the next minute, as a thought began to percolate, not quite to the top of the brain-- in other words, not quite fast enough. The terminal stopped echoing before anyone could stop and say 'Hold on Bob, what is it you're trying to do?'"